Open Earth Observation and Machine Learning technology to support the European Green Deal
4–6 October 2023, Eurac Earth Observations Institute, Bolzano (Italy)
Abstracts submissions are now opened!
- 01 FEB 2023 WORKSHOP PROPOSALS CLOSE
- 15 APR 2023 ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS CLOSE
- 1 MAY 2023 REGISTRATIONS OPEN
Some of the expected topics will be the research and application of geospatial technologies in various fields including governance, industries and in the public sector. We will focus also on the role of user communities and businesses in research and advancements in the open-source EO and Machine Learning technologies to achieve both digital and green transitions.
- Digital Earth twin systems;
- Interactions between science and policy;
- AI for Earth System Sciences;
- European and global data cubes;
- Spatial analysis of climate data;
- New R/Python packages and functionality, new FOSS4G software and standards;
- Spatial data science;
- Geocomputation in R, Python and/or Julia;
- Geographic web services and data sharing, WebGIS;
- Static and interactive visualization of spatial data;
- Machine learning and deep learning methods for spatial data;
- Interpretative machine learning for spatial data;
- Analyzing massive amounts of EO data in the cloud with R, gdalcubes, STAC, Google Earth Engine;
Registration will open in May 2023. For more information please subscribe to social channels / mailing list via: https://earthmonitor.org/gw2023/
This Call for Papers closed on 2023-09-15 22:59 (Europe/London).